ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
• Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
• Perform, administer, and document preventive maintenance programs in InterMountain-approved web-based system.
• Respond to emergency situations on short notice.
• Position requires being on call 24/7.
• Maintain and manage a work order system for the hotel as well as complete work orders on a timely basis and file work orders in InterMountain-approved web-based system.
• Responsible for safety and security of flammable and other maintenance items.
• Responsible for cleanliness of parking lot, grounds, picking up and maintaining interior and exterior property, including all trash and cigarette butts.
• Responsible for walking entire property regularly, identifying any maintenance or cleanliness items that might need to be addressed.
• Obtains pricing and bids, or develops cost estimates as directed.
• Maintains working spaces in safe and clean condition.
• Paints and makes minor repairs.
• Monitors parking lot lights and exterior signs.
• Responsible for upkeep of sports court, pool, and equipment.
• Sets-up meeting room facilities (tables, chairs, podiums, equipment, etc.)
• Works directly with the General Manager and/or AGM to identify and accomplish all technical and/or skilled related projects within the hotel including but not limited to the following:
• Perform HVAC spring and winter inspections.
• Assist in HVAC unit repair projects.
• Guest room repair issues (caulking, painting, plumbing, etc.)
• With GM / AGM, implement and manage hotel key control.
• Ensuring all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specifications
• Working closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities
• Supervising Facility Attendant including assisting with hiring, training, evaluations, development and disciplining.
• Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
• Ensuring compliance with OSHA, Fire & Safety Laws.
• Informing the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintain these systems.
• Conducting walk-throughs and visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
• Minor painting projects, and exterior projects.
• With GM, identify skills needed for different projects and train technical people at property.
• Perform, administer and document preventative maintenance schedule. Maintain proper records utilizing the computer system.
• Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
• Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
• Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
• Maintains and services pool and spa areas including testing and recording as stated by State and City regulations.
• Willingness and ability to train new associates.
• Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
• Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
• Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
• Perform maintenance requests.
• Setup and keep updated all maintenance-related documentation logs for QA Audit.
• Drive a company or personal vehicle to procure supplies, deliver small equipment, or run general hotel-related errands. Additionally be available to drive the hotel passenger shuttle to transport guests if/when needed.
• Practice and comply with safety standards at all times. Know all hotel emergency procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Facility Attendant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Two years technical maintenance training or experience preferred.
• Experience in managing budgets and capital expenditures preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possess working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, drywall and Pool systems.
• Demonstrate excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of facility regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of business and financial matters and information related to the property, owner(s), partners, guests, associates, etc.
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with other associates, management, guests, vendors, suppliers, and other members of the general public conducting business with the property.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Basic computer skills.
• Possess excellent time management skills.
• Know and understand guest needs and expectations.
• Practice safety standards at all times.
• Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
• Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
• Prompt and regular attendance.
• Work flexible hours and/or overtime as required. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
• Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
• Carry out all reasonable requests by managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
• Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
• Adhere to property policies and procedures, the Employee Handbook, and/or other property documents.
• Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
• On-call status
• Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
• Have a valid U.S. Drivers License
• Have zero DWI/DUI incidents on driving record for the past five years.
• Have zero “major infractions” on driving record for the past three years.
• Will be required to provide evidence of personal auto insurance meeting the state minimum limits or limits of at least $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident.
• Computer, fax, & copy machine
• Steam cleaner; vacuum cleaner; shop vac; commercial floor buffer, polisher.
• Ozone Machine
• Lawn mower
• Power wash equipment
• Hand tools
• Pool equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.
• The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Requires lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50+ pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and may require hearing protection while performing some duties.
• Other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, goggles, hard-hat, steel-toe footwear, and other safety equipment may be required.
• Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures and weather conditions.